Please review this list to see what we require to set up payroll in Gusto.
- Legal Name of Business
- DBA Name, if applicable
- Federal EIN
- Entity Type
- Business Phone
- Addresses: Mailing, Filing, Work Locations
Business Banking Info
- Bank Name
- Routing Number
- Account Number
- Account Type
- Read Only Bank Access: This will allow us to process your payroll in 2 days vs 4 days.
- Test deposit verification: We will make two small test deposits into your account which you will need to verify. This helps us confirm that you are the owner of the account.
- Optional: Copy of Voided Check
- Number of W2 Employees
- Number of Contractors
- Payroll Frequency
- First Payroll Date
- State Unemployment Insurance Rate
- State Unemployment Insurance Rate Letter
- State Employer Account Number
- Federal Deposit Schedule
- State Deposit Schedule
Prior Payroll Access + Employee Information
- Prior Payroll Provider Name
- Log in URL
- Security Questions and Answers
Typically we can log in and pull all employee and prior payroll details. If you do not have online access to your previous payroll provider, please complete the following documents:
- Retirement Program Information: 401k, SEP, Simple IRA
- Health/Dental Insurance Plan Information
- Vacation/Sick Time Plan Information
After receiving your client intake form, we will begin your payroll account setup and you can expect to receive a follow-up email requesting any missing items within 3 business days (excluding weekends and holidays).
We will bring over all information from your prior payroll system (for the current year) including (but not limited to): employee details, historical payrolls, prior tax payments, health/investment/other benefits and deductions, PTO, and Sick Time accruals and balances.
Typically it takes us ten (10) business days (excluding weekends and holidays) to set up payroll, transfer historical payroll details, and verify your bank account.
Important: To avoid service interruption, we will notify you when to discontinue service with your former payroll provider.